Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
tperk100

Do you own a Sprinter 255RKS?

My wife and I THINK we want to purchase (actually order) a 255RKS, but we have not seen one. We will not "buy it before we try it!"

We have been unable to locate one anywhere near our home in Virginia Beach, Va. We would simply like to see one and walk around in it. I am 6'4" and 260 lbs.

If you have one within a couple hours drive of here, and if you will be gracious enough to let us look at it, there is at least a free lunch in it for you!

Thanks for anyone's help with this.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:49 AM   #2
Shoey

We have a 2012 255RKS we bought last summer and love it. We're in Northern PA so its a bit far for a walk through, but here are some pros and cons.

The breakfast bar is awesome and creates plenty of counter space and also cabinet space. There is also plenty of room to walk around it. A big guy like yourself may have trouble sitting on the bench behind the bar. We don't use our bar stools, We don't need the extra things to put away while towing and not using them also creates more floor space, (We travel with a 60 lb dutch shepherd dog).

If you frequently have guests or kids with going with you, there is no addition sleeping space other than pulling out the couch or dropping down the table. Neither of which is convenient to do every night.

The rear kitchen is awesome since it is right by the door. Very easy to pass dishes in and out.

I hope this helps.
Shoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 07:59 AM   #3
tperk100

Shoey,

Thanks for your comments. They are helpful.

We have a quote from a dealer for a 2012 at just under $21K. It's a LONG drive, but we are considering making it to see and possibly buy the unit.

Got another quote to buy a 2011 NEW fr Dealer in Minnesota. Get this....$16,500!!! but it's over a 1000 miles away.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:12 PM   #4
campingcpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tperk100 View Post
Shoey,

Thanks for your comments. They are helpful.

We have a quote from a dealer for a 2012 at just under $21K. It's a LONG drive, but we are considering making it to see and possibly buy the unit.

Got another quote to buy a 2011 NEW fr Dealer in Minnesota. Get this....$16,500!!! but it's over a 1000 miles away.
You might want to try this place, Leo's Vacation Center in Gambrills, MD. They are about 4 1/2 hours from Virgina Beach and they are showing they have one in stock. That would be a lot closer then Minnesota. Good luck!
http://leosrv.rvusa.com/2012-keyston...ler-md-i385437

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #5
tperk100

The $21K quote is the same distance ....in the other direction.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #6
Beerfix

We bought a 255RKS last year, and love it. Plenty of room for entertaining, we can have 2 other couples over for drinks, or a meal, and conversation without tripping over each other. There are a few things that I wish Keystone would have included. I could go on and on about the things we like about the trailer, but a short list of gripes would be easier to list.

The lack of ANY 12V power outlets, I've since installed one near the TV.
No outside shower, and no logical place to install one.
Ours has no roof vents except in the head, not sure if they are all like that.
Cant access the head when the sofa bed is folded out.
We dry camp more than the average user, so some of these issues may matter more to us than to others. I'm a big fan of the "fantastic fan", and it's not going to be real easy to cut a hole for a roof vent, and pull wire to install one. Again, this is not an issue if your'e plugged in at a park and running the AC if it gets warm.

We bought it anyway, regardless of the few things we didn't like, and would buy it again based on the floorplan alone. The list of "likes" is way longer than the list of "dont likes"

Fit, finish, and general construction is IMHO, above average, Keystone generally did a pretty good job on this one.
Beerfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
tperk100

Thanks for the info!! Saw one and decided not to buy. I could not stand up in shower.